Deb has been training dogs since 1976 and has seen great changes in the field during that time. In 2007, she joined Canine Behavioural School and helped shape it into the school it is today. She is currently the Senior Volunteer Trainer, managing the training of CBS volunteers.
She sits on the international boards of the Pet Professional Guild, Doggone Safe, the Companion Animal Sciences Institute, the Pet Professional Accreditation Board and Pet Industry Advocacy International. Deb chaired the committee that established the international Pet Dog Ambassador program and is also a faculty member of DogNostics Career Center.
Deb has authored in peer-reviewed journals and is co-author of a book about regulating the pet training industry. She shares her life with husband Arnold, and three Griffons Bruxellois – Roux, Ned, and Laila. All three dogs have their Novice Trick titles and are working towards further trick titles. Roux has her Bronze Sniffer Title, Ned his Silver Sniffer title and Laila has successfully completed two of the four legs required for Bronze Sniffer. It keeps them all out of trouble.
- Professional Canine Behavior Consultant (PPAB)
- Certified Family Dog Mediator (FDM Education Center)
- Fear Free Certified Trainer
- Adv. Diploma Pet Bereavement Counselling
- Dip Animal Behavior Science & Technology (CASI)
- Dip Dog Training & Behavior Consulting (CASI)
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
- Pet Dog Ambassador Instructor & Assessor